On today’s Whiteboard Wednesday, Randy discusses some eCommerce packaging tips and trends! When it comes to the eCommerce industry, the way your product packaging looks, makes people feel, and what information you include on it is a game-changer. Here are a few packaging tips we’ve learned over the years!
Your Packaging Should Represent Your Brand
All good packaging should include a good representation of your brand. Use your brand guidelines to produce packaging that includes your brand’s:
- Fonts (serifs, sans serifs, custom, etc.)
- Colors (your brand color palette)
- Logo (this is a MUST)
Don’t Forget Your Target Audience!
- Demographics (age, gender, etc.)
- Challenges your customers may face (cost, for example)
- Factors that drive purchasing decisions (other customer reviews, benefits, costs, lifestyle)
Packaging Should be Easy to Open
- You don’t want to complicate the process to a point where customers don’t want to use your product next time.
Packaging Should Not Be Misleading
- Don’t include information about your product that is incorrect, be transparent and truthful.
- Recyclable or sustainable packaging
- Visually appealing packaging that stands out on the shelves
- Value > Quantity of words
Cheers and have a happy Wednesday!